APPLY FOR A GRANT
• The Foundation focuses its funding on supported living programs for adults with intellectual delays, with primary emphasis on persons 50 years or older. This primary focus is to provide such services for those whose parents are not living or are unable to care for them.
• This funding interest includes living accommodations and the socialization programs of those facilities that enhance social, interpersonal, educational, and recreational development and enjoyment. The Foundation may consider funding 100 percent of a given program, though it encourages organizations to seek additional sources of funding.
• Under this funding interest, the Foundation will focus its grantmaking on programs in the greater Portland area (Multnomah, Clackamas, Washington, and Clark counties).
• The Foundation prefers residential sites and programs that are in their early or expansion stages of operation. The focus is on providing services, though proposals for capital campaigns for land acquisition and construction will be considered.
• After a facility or program is established and operating, the Foundation is open to funding endowments for ongoing operations.
• The Foundation funds advanced research in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer, with particular emphasis on clinical applications of promising drug and technological advances.
• The Foundation funds medical research principally conducted in Pacific Northwest institutions, though it is open to excellent research projects conducted in other regions throughout the United States.
• Under this funding interest, the Foundation does not consider support for first stage basic research, endowments, publications, annual fund appeals, or general operations.