Process and Schedule
January 10, 2022
proposals due by midnight:
February 21, 2022
Applicants notified of decision:
March 31, 2022
Imagination Grants for Cancer Research
Imagination Grants serve as a catalyst for strengthening or expanding the cancer research capabilities of an institution in service to its mission. These one-year grants are intended to fulfill an unmet need or to advance important work in the pursuit of impactful and innovative cancer research.
Imagination grants for cancer research can be used to:
- Support an existing program in order to broaden or strengthen the work or take the research to the next critical phase.
- Fund a new project, with an emphasis on the components that will enable the launch of a new project.
Who Can Apply
Organizations must have a primary focus on cancer research or a dedicated cancer research division. Supported activities include equipment purchases, information technology, data and measurement systems, and capacity building. Travel, meals and conferences are not eligible for funding unless directly tied to community-building activities. Please contact Foundation staff to discuss exceptions.
Funding is limited to organizations located in Oregon and Washington.
Organizations must be a registered 501(C)(3) nonprofit or a public institution providing services and research that aligns with the Foundation’s mission, and have a minimum of five years of successful operation.
We will not consider requests for:
- Grants to individuals.
- Fundraising events.
- Reserve funds or debt elimination.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran or disability statuses in the delivery of services and in their employment practices.
Size and Duration of Grant
Grant Size: $10,000 to $75,000
Grant Period: One year
Reporting Requirements: Report due no later than one year after grant is awarded. Report summarizes how the funds were utilized and outcomes achieved as a result of the funding.
Types of Support
- Pilot programs
- Program expansion
- System improvements
- Operational improvements
- Technical assistance
Capital and Infrastructure
- Information technology
Research and Evaluation
- Data and measurement systems
We appreciate your time and interest in applying for a grant from the Kuni Foundation.
If you have any questions about the grant program or application process, please contact Gretchen Schackel via e-mail at email@example.com