Process and Schedule
June 01, 2021
LOI Due by midnight:
July 16, 2021
LOI applicants notified of decision & invitations extended for proposals:
August 19, 2021
proposals due by midnight:
October 08, 2021
Applicants notified of decision:
November 15, 2021
Transformation Grants: Advancing Housing Solutions for People Experiencing Intellectual Disabilities
The lack of quality, affordable housing options for adults who experience intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) has reached a crisis in the United States. The Transformation Grants Program reflects our commitment to investing in person-focused housing solutions for individuals who experience I/DD. The program also provides funding for the exploration of new, inclusive and community-based approaches that are affordable, scalable and sustainable.
Who Can Apply
Organizations must have a primary focus of serving individuals who experience intellectual or developmental disabilities, and their caregivers and families. Eligible activities include education, advocacy, employment, the arts, and supported, inclusive or independent housing.
Funding is limited to organizations located in and directly serving residents of Oregon and Washington.
Organizations must be a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit and have a minimum of three years of successful operation. All other applicants must use a fiscal sponsor who will assume fiscal responsibility for all funds received and expended.
We will not consider requests for:
- Grants to individuals.
- Fundraising events.
- Reserve funds or debt elimination.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran or disability statuses in the delivery of services and in their employment practices.
Size and Duration of Grant
Funding range: Up to $300,000 per year.
Maximum funding request: $900,000 over a three-year period.
Grant Period: One-year grants or multi-year grants up to three years.
Report due no later than one year after grant is awarded. Report summarizes how the funds were utilized and outcomes achieved as a result of the funding.
Types of Support
The following housing efforts are eligible for funding consideration:
- Housing with a demonstrated history of success that continues to evolve and innovate to meet residents’ preferences and needs.
- Housing with a demonstrated commitment to and expertise in the development and implementation of inclusive programs and opportunities that enrich the lives of residents.
- Housing that is accessible to a socio-economic range of individuals.
- Housing that is diverse, inclusive and embraces a range of abilities, ages and socio-economic circumstances.
- Housing that demonstrates successful collaboration with a diverse range of stakeholders to advance innovation, inclusion, scalability, affordability and a community-based approach.
- New housing solutions that have reached a tipping point in terms of community and financial support and can demonstrate capacity for the next stage of funding.
We appreciate your time and interest in applying for a grant from the Kuni Foundation.
If you have any questions about our grant program or application process, please contact Gretchen Schackel at Gretchen@KuniFoundation.org